Wednesday 26 October 2016

30 eggs per week

I was at the pantry today, when one of my colleagues took out a hard boiled egg. She told me that's her daily breakfast. Curious, I asked her if she make them every day. To my surprise, she told me that she bought a tray of 30 eggs each week, and boil them. Then for the rest of the week, her whole family will be feeding on this supply of hard boiled eggs for breakfast. No extra cooking required. If she wants it warm, she will put the egg in a cup of hot water (courtesy of pantry supply).

After hearing this, I am amazed. I never thought about boiling so many eggs, and keeping them for breakfast. It's just like a one week cook once sort of thing (cool!) 

With that in mind, I decided that I should look at making some inventories of food which I can cook once (a week), and keep it in the refrigerator. When I want to eat it, just need to heat it up briefly. That would be cool, wouldn't it?

https://pixabay.com/en/green-beans-canning-canned-food-631157/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...